Our tokenization services can help merchants increase security everywhere they sell.
Securing digital payments
Making payments better for contactless, in app and e-commerce transactions
The ubiquity of technology is changing the way consumers pay.
We’re answering the call from consumers who are seeking better ways to pay — our contactless technologies that make transactions faster; or the tokenisation services we provide through Mastercard Digital Enablement Service.
We make it possible for people to pay with any payment card, anywhere, on any device — through a simple click, tap or touch. Mastercard is your best digital payments partner.
- Our digital payments strategy is centered on choice — developing an array of open, flexible products to meet issuer, merchant and consumer needs.
- Our strategy is robust and future proof, with a consistent and focused view of how digital payments should evolve.
- Our focus on security including industry leadership in EMV is second to none.
Mastercard Digital Enablement Service
What it is
- The service allows issuers and merchants to manage tokenisation and digitisation to create EMV-like security for every transaction. It gives cardholders the choice and peace of mind to make more secure digital payments from a variety of connected devices through a tap, touch or click.
How it works
- Creation: The card's primary account number (PAN) is replaced with an alternate card number called a token
- Storage: The tokenised card details are delivered to the mobile device through a process called digitisation
- Usage: A mobile device is enabled for more secure payments
The benefits of Express
Simple to Scale
- Your tokenised cards are automatically available to new digital partners that also enroll in the Express program
- When new digital partners join the program, you're able to scale without negotiating separate bilateral agreements
- All digital partners must meet program requirements based on EMV and tokenisation standards
Fast to Market
- We help make it simple to activate your digital payment strategy with fast track channel activation
Have questions about tokenisation and digital payments?
Driving convergence with cloud-based payments
Mastercard Cloud-Based payments digitises card credentials via Host Card Emulation when there is no Secure Element in the mobile device. For consumers, this helps provide more secure ways to pay across various devices, plus a more streamlined in-app and online checkout process.