Instagram New Zealand Launch Promotion
Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the ‘Instagram New Zealand Launch Promotion’ ("Promotion") form part of the Conditions of Entry. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding.
The promoter is Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 108 603 345), 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia (“Promoter”). Telephone: (02) 9466 3700.
1. The promotion commences at 12:01am NZST on 1 July, 2019 and concludes at 23:59pm NZST on 20 September, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. To enter participants must, during the Promotion Period:
(i) be a New Zealand resident aged fourteen (14) years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its’ subsidiaries, other group companies, its’ agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion. If an entrant is under 18 years of age they must first obtain their parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering this Promotion, and if they are a winner, the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian on their behalf; and
(ii) follow @mastercardnz Instagram account; and
(iii) Be available to accept the prize as outlined in condition 9 of these Terms & Conditions, in its entirety, if they are a winner
3. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt of the Entrant’s follow @mastercardnz activation by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. There is no cost to enter the promotion.
4. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Entries made using multiple accounts or through agents or other third parties are not permitted and such entrants will be disqualified from entry in the Promotion. If an entrant is found to be subject to invalid multiple entries or any other application abuse, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such entrants from entry in the Promotion. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
Prizes and Fulfilment
6. There are twenty five (25) prizes to be won in this Promotion. Prizes are;
Qty available to be Won
Prize Value NZ$
Total value of Prizes NZ$
One (1) Signed Rugby World Cup 2019™ Promotional Ball
Total maximum prize pool value is NZ$1,250. Prize values are accurate as of 20 June 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any value variation.
7. The prizes are as described above in condition 6 and nothing else is included. The winner/s may be required to participate in publicity.
8. The twenty five (25) winners will be selected by a computerised random draw made from all valid and eligible entries that are received during the Promotion Period. The draw will take place at 14:00pm (AEST) on 25 September 2019 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
9. The winners will be notified via an Instagram Story on 25 September 2019, followed by @mastercardnz, and direct messaged on Instagram that they have won. Winners will be required to provide their name, telephone number, and postal address through a prize acknowledgement form in order to accept and receive a prize. Prizes will be mailed to the winner’s nominated New Zealand address.
The winners may receive reminder messages and/or phone calls from the Promoter or the Promoter’s representative after the win to receive a response accepting the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Instagram account during this time in case they are a winner.
10. If a winner does not accept or claim the prize by 20 October 2019 as explained above in condition 9, cannot be contacted by the end of the 3 month period or is found by the Promoter to not be eligible to win the Prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and a draw for the unaccepted or unclaimed prize may take place on 21 October 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner/s (if required) will be notified via an Instagram Story on the day of the unclaimed prize random draw, followed back by @mastercardnz, and direct messaged on Instagram that they have won on 23 October 2019. The decision of the Promoter is final. The Promoter reserves the right to request confirmation of the eligibility of the winner to enter the prize draw and to win the Prize.
11. The winners agree that they may be required to participate in reasonable publicity and also agrees for their surname and suburb to be used to announce the winners.
12. Prize and prize elements may not be separated or redeemed for cash and no alternative prize is available. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and is not available for resale.
13. The cost of accessing a promotional website will be dependent on the amount charged by the Eligible Entrant’s relevant Internet Service Provider.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrant (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. Prizes cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes or resold.
16. Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from Eligible Entrants is subject to the privacy policies of the Promoter, which can be found at https://www.mastercard.com.au/en-au/about-mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html and will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in New Zealand. The privacy policies contain details on how Eligible Entrants can access, update and correct their personal information and the Promoter’s complain management processes. Entry is conditional on provision of the required personal details.
17. I consent to the Promoter (from time to time) using my personal information and photographing/recording my image while I am participating in the any activity or event run or organised by Rugby World Cup which constitutes part of the Prize. I agree that any such photographs, electronic images, sound recording or video footage may be used by Rugby World Cup in resources and reports, or promotional, advertising or marketing materials, without any further notice or payment to myself.
18. This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including JR2019) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this prize draw due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion or any Eligible Entrant's receipt or use of any part of the Prizes except for any loss or damage which is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever in respect of the following: (1) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications, line failure or the malfunctioning failure or unavailability of any computer, server, cable, line, network, hardware, software, internet service or web site; (2) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion, including but not limited to theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of the Promotion; (3) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (4) any entry that is late, stolen, damaged or misdirected or otherwise not received.
22. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings or the use thereof. It is the responsibility of each Prize winner to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
24. Entrants understand and agree:
(b) that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with (where applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or any other social media website (unless otherwise specified); and
(c) that any questions comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to (as applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media website.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these Conditions of Entry, subject to state or territory regulation.
26. If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms & Conditions shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) appearing had not been inserted herein, subject to state or territory regulation.
26. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and each Eligible Entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.